Top 5 Pancake Day Ideas from Dean Wye
With Lent fast approaching, it’s time to clear your cupboards of sugar, butter, and eggs. And what better way to do that than to make a feast of pancakes? Here are our top 5 recipes to make your Pancake Day a bit more exciting:
©Wye Dean Tourism Association
- Apple Sausage Pancakes – This pancake is unique in that it has apples and meat mixed into it. It may sound odd, but it’s definitely worth a try. Take your favourite sausage, some apples, mix it into your pancake batter, and get cooking. Pick up some sausage from Crooked End Farm.
- Banana Pancakes – This quick pancake gives an extra hint of breakfast with every bite. All you have to do is mix in bananas. But you may want to follow the recipe instead of taking my word for it. Get your milk from Pengethley Farm Shop.
- Caramel Apple Oven Pancake – This pancake is more elegant than the others, and would probably do better as a brunch than a breakfast. But whenever you choose to eat it, it’ll be delicious. Grab some fresh apples from Brown and Green.
- Mint Chocolate Chip – You can save this one for St. Patrick’s Day as well. These green pancakes are sure to be a hit with everyone. You can find eggs at Cowshill Farm Shop and Delicatessen
- Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes – If you’d rather have sweets for breakfast, this may be the pancake for you. It tastes just like an oatmeal cookie. Get your sugar from Hanley Farm.
©Wye Dean Tourism Association.
For places you can go for any of your foodie needs, click here.