Taking a holiday to explore the great outdoors is never a bad idea – especially when you’re in the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley with so much to do!
1. National Diving & Activity Centre – Take a diving course, go camping in style, or roll your way across the water in a giant ball. Many underwater attractions are available, including aeroplanes, helicopters, and boats. Or maybe have a go at freediving, that’s diving without an oxygen tank. Whatever you decide, you’re sure to have a splashing adventure.
2. Hill Top Birds of Prey – Become educated in the art of falconry. Learn about these majestic birds of prey as you get to watch, handle and fly owls, hawks, falcons, and more.
3. Whitecliff Off Road Centre – Learn how to handle a 4×4 in rough terrain, or see how your own handles off of the street, with one of their off road courses. Instructors use Land Rovers and Range Rovers to teach introductory, advanced, and now junior courses.
4. Forest of Dean School of Photography – Take a Photo Safari to the best locations in the Forest, group courses at Puzzlewood, or a bespoke training day with professional photographer, David Broadbent, as he helps you to improve your photography skills while you capture the natural beauty around you.
5. Climbing with Contour Outdoor – Do you love the adrenalin rush? See the mountain in a different light by climbing or scrambling courses with Contour Outdoor!
6. Lydney Park Spring Gardens – Roman Temple Site – Take a break from adventure and take a stroll through Lydney Park this spring and explore the Roman ruins. Dogs are also welcome on a lead.
7. Elton Farm Giant Maize Maze – Every year, Elton Farms creates a giant maze out of maize. And there’s plenty of things to do besides get lost. Hidden objects, trivia quizzes, and look out towers are scattered about, and inside the Adventure Maze are different activities like the Log Walk and Monkey Ropes.
8. Forest of Dean Greenways – Saddle up and enjoy about 30 miles of woodland trails. Up to four different trails are available walkers and cyclers alike.
9. Wye Valley Butterfly Zoo – Observe the life of butterflies as they fly around you in the Wye Valley Butterfly Zoo. Learn about the species bred in the zoo and get some great photos while you’re there.
10. Go Ape Treetop Adventure – Fly through the trees on a zip wire, walk along the treetops, and just Go Ape. You’ll get a look at the Forest from above, and a glimpse of the most breathtaking scenery.
For more things to do in the great outdoors, click here.